(2) acute ischemic stroke receiving IV rtPA within 4.5 hours of onset according to guidelines from professional medical societies,
(3) causative occlusion of the internal carotid artery or proximal middle cerebral artery (M1),
(4) age 18 years and over,
(5) National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) score of 6 or greater,
(6) Alberta Stroke Program Early Computed Tomography Score (ASPECTS) of6 or greater, and
(7) treatment can be initiated (groin puncture) within 6 hours of symptom onset
Health care facilities that provide initial emergency care including administration of IV rtPA, including PSCs, CSCs and other facilities
Centers capable of performing endovascular stroke treatment with comprehensive peri-procedural care, including CSC and other health care facilities, to which rapid transport can be arranged when appropriate"